YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT: -1981
- In the light of developments an additional curriculum relating to the field of commerce was introduced as a new programme and hence the Department of Corporate Secretaryship has emerged as an independent discipline.
- In Guru Nanak College, the Department of Corporate Secretaryship was established in year 1981 and since then, it is growing leaps and bounds over the years.
- IN SHIFT - II B.COM (CS) was Introduced in the year 1981-1982
PhD Programme in Corporate Secretaryship :- Part Time mode:
- To create the interest among the students enroll into the Professional courses.
- To make the student to have exposure towards banking exams(IBPS).
- Tie up with industry to equip employability skills
To promote the department as a forerunner among the various colleges through :
- Introduction of the need based Corporate Oriented Syllabus.
- Encouraging Students Participation in Personality developmet programmes.
- Introduction of the Industry – Institution - Interaction (III) center
- To Submit the proposal for the introduction of Diploma course in Taxation, Company law , GST and other emerging aspects
- Academic interactions through Conduct of Seminar of National & International level to enrich the students in their subjects.
- To make all the Possible Efforts to be the frontrunner in providing the value based Commerce Education to Suit the need of the Industry.
- To make students to understand the concepts of financial transactions and various Conventions & practice of Fundamentals of FINANCIAL:, COST, CORPORATE, MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
- To impart the basic knowledge of Companies Act 2013 and Corporate Administration,Company Meetings, Administrations etc., as per the Companies Act, 2013
- To impart the basic knowledge of Compliance Procedures, Corporate Social Responsibility, Due Diligence, Audit Committees etc.,
- To Impart the Basic Knowledge and Legal framework and provisions of Income Tax Act 1961
- To see that B.COM CS students are equipped with skills to fit in to the jobs in the Corporate world in various fields such as Accounting, Marketing, IT, ITES, etc.
- To make students to pursue post graduation like M.COM, M.COM CS, M.COM Accounting and Finance and other related courses.
- To enable students to become entrepreneur by staring own business.