The Department of Hindi has been established in the year 1971. It offers Hindi as language option under Part - I for Under Graduates.
Successive Heads of the Department:
• To start NME course in Hindi for Non Hindi students (Started from academic year 2017-18)
• To conduct International Seminar in Hindi
• To start language lab for students
• To procure a LCD projector and Audio Video Aid for effective Hindi learning.
• To introduce Hindi course book for the students
• To conduct a Hindi learning camp for faculty and staff of the college.
• To start a B. A. Hindi course.
• To start & develop a research centre in Linguistics for exchange of ideas, thoughts & literature between Tamil & Hindi Language
• To enhance communication skills in students and improve their employability.
• To make them aware about Indian culture, heritage, values through Literature.
• To introduce NME and add-on courses in Hindi for Non Hindi students.
• To start a certificate course in spoken Hindi leading to a diploma course.
• To offer public speaking and creative writing courses in Hindi
• Learning drafting and noting helps student to work in Central Government offices, PSU’s and other private offices all over India.
• It also gives them an edge over the students who are not able to communicate in Hindi.
• Translation learning help them to get a job in the field of Translation.
• In modern globalized world plenty of translator’s job are needed. Our students are equipped with best of translation abilities. They are working in field of marketing, advertising & mass media.
• Central Government, PSU’s and other agencies also need translator for their office work.
• Creative writing help them in getting a job in the field of mass media especially Journalism, print media, electronic media, Entertainment Television channels, movies and other medium of communications.
• History of Hindi Literature and other writing of Hindi writer helps the students to prepare for UPSC exams. The syllabus is in accordance with their needs.
• Good communication & creative skill in National Language is helping students to get better jobs within Tamilnadu and also outside the state.
• Market & retail outlet are asking for multilingual worker who can communicate in many languages. Our student full fill their demand very easily.
• Conducted a National Conference on 16th December 2016.
• Faculty participates in various National & International Conferences, Seminars & workshops.
• They publish research papers in journals & articles in literary magazines & papers.
• (List enclosed)
• Students participates regularly in the competitions and programs organized by various colleges and institutes.
• They bring prizes, overall trophies and laurels to the college and department. Students participated in KAVI SAMMELAN and Seminars also.
• Every year students are presenting variety programs for all India Radio