The Department was started in the year 1981. In 1991, Co-Education system was introduced in the college for our department. The department started with 70 students as a single section as of now we are 670 students with three sections.
- Empowering students with all the knowledge and guidance that they need to become worthy management professionals.
- Providing for holistic and value based development of students which ultimately enhances their employability.
- To carve a niche for ourselves in the specialized field of commerce and management.
- Provide a nurturing and motivating environment to exploit the full potential of the students.
- Grooming youth to become a truly global personality well equipped to deal with the modern world and its challenges.
- Enable holistic development of personality with a humane and global outlook
To be an institute of academic excellence with total commitment to quality education in Commerce, management and related fields, with a holistic concern for better life, environment and society.
In order to fulfill its stated vision, mission and motto the college is committed to:
- Academic excellence: Our primary objective is to enable every student to cope up with the latest developments in contemporary, national and global level through effective transaction of the curricular and co-curricular aspects.
- Professional Excellence: The College motivates molds and prepares the students for positions of leadership in business organizations at the local, national and international levels. The capacity building of our graduates to assume productive roles are emphasized during their stay in the college and to inculcate the habit of lifelong learning. The ultimate objective is to produce commerce graduates who possess the skills, problem solving tools and professionalism essential for being successful.
- Socially responsible Citizen: College inculcates a sense of civic responsibility, social commitment, and moral accountability among the students through social activities to with exposure to human rights, value system, culture, heritage, scientific temper and environment.
- Value-based Development: To impart quality and need based education our objective is to sensitize the students to their changing roles in society through awareness raising activities.
- Communications Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Knowledge in the Field of Accounting
- Professional Knowledge
- Computing Skills